Friday, July 12, 2019
Friday Morning Rodeo Parade: If you want to watch the parade, please meet near the Sheridan Center and enjoy the parade together! The parade starts at 10am but you may want to show up earlier to have a space.
After the parade, Jimmy Legerski (Zowada Clan) invites you to lunch at Legerski Sausage Company located at 131 West Brundage Street. Please be aware that parking space is limited.
Helen Siegoski and her nieces Tori, Georgeann, Tammy, and CarolAnn from the Zowada Clam, have organized a Treasure Chest (actually a Cedar Chest) that has been filled with Pamiatki z Polski (Memories of Poland). These wonderful Polish women have donated their time and items and will be selling raffle tickets to win the entire Cedar Chest! Some items include: Polish Pottery, Polish Doilies, Polish Blankets, Handmade towels, crystal, cookbooks, etc. They will have it on display on Friday at the lunch and Saturday at dinner and will be selling raffle tickets at that time. The winner will be announced during Saturday night’s dinner.
SATURDAY: July 13, 2019
Saturday Evening Dinner and Fun at Shriner’s Center (5:00pm – 11:00pm) – 145 West Loucks Street
A variety of family genealogy displays will offer insight into our family history:
- Twenty-five foot timeline of family history mapped against important world events
- Family tree display. (About 1000 names are currently listed on our Waszut Family Tree)
In addition to dinner, we will also have a variety of fun activities to celebrate our heritage:
- Please show your Polish pride by wearing the Polish colors of Red and/or White (examples include a tie, hair tie, blouse, skirt, pants, Polish T-Shirt or even a purse will do!
- Try Your Luck With Two Raffles:
- Cedar Chest Raffle – Pamiatki z Polski (Memories of Poland). A wonderful collection of Polish items hosted by Helen Siegoski and her nieces. Tickets can be purchased on Friday at Lunch and Saturday. Winner announced Saturday.
- Saturday Night Dinner Raffle (see below) – Led by the Hank Washut
- Try Your Luck With Two Raffles:
- Music & Dancing & Warzonka Toasts…oh my!
SATURDAY’S RAFFLE – We will be doing something a little different this year. Please read on…
- Hank Waszut will be hosting a raffle drawing at Saturday’s dinner. This is a separate event from the one listed above with the Cedar Chest.
- If you have any item(s) that you can donate to be included in the raffle drawing that would be fantastic.
- Please send an email to Hank Waszut with what you will be donating. Washut55@gmail.com
**ONCE YOU HAVE EMAILED HANK YOUR DONATION ITEM, HANK WILL ASK YOU TO BRING THE ITEM(S) TO EITHER LUNCH ON FRIDAY OR EARLY SATURDAY SO THE EVENT CAN BE ORGANIZED PRIOR TO SATURDAY EVENING**
- We will be selling raffle tickets through dinner on Saturday night and will announce winners then. You will purchase a chance to win the prize of your choice. You will place raffle tickets in a box set next to the item for your chance to win that item.
- 1 Ticket for $5
- 5 Tickets for $20
- 10 Tickets for $45
- Previous items included Aunt Emma’s chokecherry jelly, Bill Aksmit’s sauerkraut, Artwork by family members, Polish lace, Warzonka labels and bottles of Warzonka, framed photos & family documents, homemade craft items, memorabilia from early family times, items from Poland, and Western items.
Money From This Raffle Will Help To Pay For Future Reunion Planning Costs
SUNDAY: July 14, 2019
Sunday Afternoon Picnic at Lake DeSmit (12:00pm – 4:00pm)
Catered picnic lunch, games and fun for all ages
INFORMATION ABOUT SHERIDAN
If you need to contact us with questions or to add family members to our invite list, please do so by contacting any one of the following:
- Patti Coonts firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Boal email@example.com
- Don McNeil firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot wait to celebrate with you!
IF ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY DID NOT RECEIVE THIS INFORMATION, PLEASE MAKE A COPY FOR THEM OR SEND US THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN CONTACT THEM. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP